The Weak Signal Propagation Reporter Network is a group of amateur radio operators using K1JT's MEPT_JT digital mode to probe radio frequency propagation conditions using very low power (QRP/QRPp) transmissions. The software is open source, and the data collected are available to the public through this site.

2009-08-05 15:58 ZS6Y 10.140215 -30 0 KG33wv +37 5.012 BY3A OM89ua 11782
Nice to see Chine fron Africa,
Also being heard by K1JT
Etienne

I noticed on my pc a few days ago that I was running out of hard disk space despite the fact that I had not installed or saved anything large recently. I tracked the problem back to the folder where I keep the WSPR program.

The problem turned out to be that under the SAVE tag, the option SAVE ALL was selected rather than SAVE NONE. As a result, I had saved 8,300 .wmv audio files @2.3 MB each which took up 21.3 GB!

I have been running +37dBm to a G5RV @ 10M high. I have now dropped my output power to +33dBm and will be running this for the next 24 hours on 30M. Brad WF7T

Whisper with ATS-3b.

I implemented WSPR beacon transmit mode into ATS3bv-1.5 firmware. It is not the very first standalone WSPR beacon implementation, but it is the first WSPR beacon implementation for a stock
transceiver or transceiver kit. For those not familiar with Steve Weber KD1JV ATS-3b creation, it is a tiny 6 band CW/digital transceiver kit fitting into the Altoids tin.

http://kd1jv.qrpradio.com/ATS3B/ats3b.HTM

My alternate firmware may be downloaded from

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pocketdigi/files/

To get your ATS-3b rolling with WSPR, you will need to download ATS3bv-1.5 firmware, replace
beacon messages in the firmware with yours and flash your transceiver with the modified firmware. The beacon messages are generated by wsprgen application. wsprgen is a tiny windows application based on Mark VandeWettering's genwspr Python script.

http://brainwagon.com/files/genwspr

I am just getting started with WSPR after reading about it in Radcom (journal of RSGB). I have receive only working at the moment using my FT-817 and SGC-2020. I will experiment with the different bands and see how I get on.

Dave M0BGR

The 17m 3ele co-linear with ribbon feed for multiband operation was a disaster and the RG174 I used rather than RG58 for part of the radiator (because I had it and it's low-profile) stretched (!). So I cut out the coax sections and spliced the wire - Now resonant on about 11.5 MHz with 10.4m 300 ohm ribbon, then coax to shack. Covers 80-6m with tuner, 10 and 60 without. Seems to be quite alive with signals. losses appear fairly low on all but 12 and 80m. Will try day-about bands for a while, then re-trim to resonance at 10.14 and try again.

I finally bit the bullet and applied for a new callsign - N6TTO, my call for more than 20 years, was a handful on CW and voice - takes awhile to say! So I opted for a shorter call - both in CW and phonetics!

N6TTO is now K6TU.

I think it's amazing !
I was testing today with 0,5W on 20m. After been spotted bij VK0 I was spotted by ZL2IFB. Unfortenatly my RX is not so good in the evening on 20m. Lots of noise here at the moment. Still very surprised by the results using WSPR just a few days.
I will be on 0,1W testing tomorrow on 20m.

Hi all,
After reading my friends blog,PE4BAS,i also wanted to try out WSPR.
First try out was yesterday and it was really nice.
Got W1XP here and he also did read me with 1watt output on 20M.

Nice program and nice way to find out in what area the propagation is.

73's and Good DX 

Bernard de PD7BZ
http://pd7bz.blogspot.com/
http://www.pd7bz.nl

Thanks to Maurice M5ADZ for his help in setting WSPR up and to K1JT for an excellant bit of amateur software.

Cannot wait for first posting to group of low power contact.

Busy preparing rig and computer.

After having received reports with VK, VU2, CX2 and other DX stations, not only once, but at several times within a few weeks - which never happened to me before in my 33 years of experience as a ham operator - I got a report on my 20m signals from VK0BP at Antarctica, with 5W from my FT897 to a vertical dipole in a pine tree...

2009-07-29 03:56 SM0GXZ 14.097162 -23 0 JO99fd 5 VK0BP MC81xk 14983 154

Tnx Bob, for this first report from a new continent.

Antennas down - Landlady pruned the tree holding the 30m dipole up. Was working for a while on a sloper with ground-scattered counterpoise, but saw sense and dismantled it and put up a 3 element horizontal colinear for 17m. Which unfortunately doesn't work. As the feedline was routed through the shack door while in residence, I'm QRT until I hook something up to the old feedline for the 30m dipole.

Not yet tried this mode but intend to do so shortly.

As I had to update my Tom Tom navigation on the internet I had some time left at the same time to
install WSPR. At first I had some problems to get the RX noise level at 0dB as the built in RX/TX volume controls
do not work here in Vista. I had to adjust the volume at my modem. Then I was surprised and impressed that with only 1W I was received in India at 30m. This is really worth more investigation.
My blog: http://pe4bas.blogspot.com

Pages