The Weak Signal Propagation Reporter Network is a group of amateur radio operators using K1JT's MEPT_JT digital mode to probe radio frequency propagation conditions using very low power (QRP/QRPp) transmissions. The software is open source, and the data collected are available to the public through this site.

What happens to the decoding signal, with QSB?
The essence of the experiment:
Turn on the receiver in the given time and look at the WSPR decoding.
1) Receive for 1:30, 1:00 (full signal around 1:50). Decoded! :woohoo:
2) Receive for 0:30. Does not decode.
3) Receive within 1 minute, shifted relative to the start signal for 30 seconds, i.e. from 0:30 to 1:30. Decoded!
In the picture a visible signal (1:50; abbreviated: 1:30, 1:00, 0:30; 1:00 with an offset).
The result:

This last week something odd happened.

WSPRNET would previously (I think this is how it works) add the last two digits on my locator square if known in it's internal database
on my transmissions. ***( I only transmit, and with a bunch of G0UPL ULtimate TX's).***

It no longer seems to be doing this.

I am in JO01MI, it now only reports JO01.

The set up here is a pair of G0UPL U2 rigs, and a U3 rig, all with their own GPS (no single point of failure) and nothing whatsoever
has been altered with then for about 4 years.

We planed to put the HAB in the air !
I will launch another stratosphäre ballon similar to STELLA4.
The payload will have 2 Cameras on Board.
Also it will have the new designed WSPR PCB on board that will transmit at 30m.
You can track the transmission on CW at 10.139,950MHz, JT9 at 10.140,450MHz and WSPR at 10.140,100MHz.
Here is the link from the QRP Labs livetracking website that will be available short before the start : https://www.qrp-labs.com/flights/stella9.html

Testing the code for an Arduino driven GPS timed beacon.

10mw from an SI5351, and into a QRP-Labs 20m Low pass filter.

The GPS syncs the time, figures out the maidenhead locator, and transmits on a pre-defined schedule -

USB powered via an Arduino nano.

I test WSPR beacon on 10M band. Beacon on Si5351+Arduino+BS170 AMP radiate only 10 mW. My antenna is wire 10 m long, 4 m upper the ground. Beacon is working two weeks continiously. Some spots:
2017-12-12 17:28 R2AJA 28.126060 -27 -1 KO85xt 0.01 PG0DX/1 JO33ce 2052 275
2017-12-12 17:04 R2AJA 28.126049 -26 0 KO85xt 0.01 OZ7IT JO65df 1608 278
2017-12-08 12:38 R2AJA 28.126028 -11 -3 KO85xt 0.01 OZ1FJB JO55si 1651 279

My 12/13 0144 and 0152Z 160M power was 1 watt, not 1 milliwatt. I was testing my Flex1500 and entered the incorrect power level. Naturally it happened during an opening to Europe. Sorry for the error. I'll stick with the WSPRLite from now on... 73 - Rick WB8JUI

Nice surprise before my sunrise (07:32z):
2017-12-12 06:48 HH2AA 1.838102 -21 0 FK38 5 F59706 JN07th 7365 46
I think it's the first time on 160m WSPR and i hope hear Haiti again in Europe.
73, Patrick

Using my trusty old U3 (now with GPS at long last) 200mW or 500mW on 6m and and 20mW on 80m into a dummy load antenna, I wanted to see how far I could get, first of all I received 878 spots in 24 hours. and my best spots were:

2017-12-10 19:42 DD5CF 5.366148 -25 0 JO30nq 0.5 EA8BFK IL38bo 3021

2017-12-10 08:28 DD5CF 18.106145 -27 -4 JO30nq 0.2 EA8BFK IL38bo 3021

2017-12-10 17:20 DD5CF 7.040145 -26 -2 JO30nq 0.2 EA8BFK IL38bo 3021

2017-12-09 12:32 DD5CF 14.097153 -23 0 JO30nq 0.2 SV1BTL KM17vx 1929

Finally got my Raspi-PI2 working a few weeks ago using the latest Raspi version of WSJT-X. Works fantastic with no issues. Setup is simply my PI2 with an RT Systems converter for rig control and a SignaLink USB for the sound card interface. Just attached a new Pi Zero Wireless with a MakerSpot USB hub in place of the PI2 and it seems to be working the same, speed and all. I am presently using an ICOM IC-703 that is dedicated for this project. I have been running 20dBm (100mW) for almost a year and today have decreased it to 10 dBm (10mW).

Hexbeam today into direction 270 degrees (Caribbean/North America)

I cut the drive level for the Si5351 in half, and added a 7 pole 20m low pass filter after the BS170 amplifier, dropping my output from 200 mW to 100 mW. This did help clean up spurious emissions. Then I raised my 20m inverted vee's shamefully low fiberglass mast from 16 feet to (a still pathetic) 24 feet. The net result is a cleaner signal, lower swr, and the addition of European spots. I also modified the Arduino code to randomize transmission times, so I'm no longer transmitting only on the 10s.

This is just too much fun!

I put up an OCF diplem on the roof disguised as part of the Christmas lights. SWR on 20m is about 1.2 so no tuner needed. We'll see what we get with just 20 dBm out of the whispering raspberry pi.

12/6/2017

Good activity this night with 258 UNIQUE dx spots "across the pond" and 72 stations in the round (25NA/47EU).
This is the first really active night of the season; I heard 15 NA my best score in one night.

We are now in the best period so It's time to publish the current station score of the season from July 1st to December 5.

Best EU Rx: G8DYK (49NA), F59706(47NA), GM4OAS(36NA), G4WLC(35NA), LX1DQ(34NA), DK6UG(30NA), EA8BFK(30NA), G0KTN(27NA), G0LUJ(27NA), EA1FAQ(24NA)

I'm QRV this week from Laos. Will be trying a variety of bands.

Intermittent line noise that I need to track down on receive. Transmit seems to be working good so far. Dipole is at 10 meters high.

Pages